A tummy tuck, technical name abdominoplasty, can dramatically reduce the appearance of a protruding abdomen, increasing comfort, range of movement and confidence levels by restoring abdominal tone. Tummy tuck is the most effective procedure in body contouring because it allows to reshape different anatomical planes. This includes muscle and the flank tightening, reducing fat volume and finally, eliminating excess skin, creating a “gown effect” possibly with stretch marks.
Tummy tuck can be selected to address any of the above problems individually or all at once. It is performed under general anaesthesia and requires very careful assessment as a major surgical procedure. Dr Cotrufo performs abdominoplasty under general anaesthesia. His patients are usually invited to stay in hospital for one or two nights for safety and comfort. Technical refinements such as deep-fascia suturing and use of dissolvable stitches allow him to achieve excellent results with very fine scars over the groin and around the “new belly button”. There are several techniques to perform a Tummy Tuck and Dr Cotrufo will advise you on the safest and best procedure to achieve your ideal shape.
Why choose abdominoplasty?
If your abdomen has been affected by a cycle of weight gain and loss, impacted by pregnancy, ageing or loss of skin laxity, abdominoplasty surgery (tummy tuck) may be an option.
A tummy tuck reduces the appearance of your abdomen through removal of excess skin and fat. The possibility to tighten the anterior abdominal muscles (recti abdominis muscles) and repair divarication of the muscles typically after multiple pregnancies makes the tummy tuck one of the most common procedures for women. We estimate that Dr Cotrufo performed 90% of his tummy tuck procedures on female patients after one or multiple pregnancies, while the remaining 10% comes following massive weight loss on both sexes. Our patients often find that Dr Cotrufo’s body contouring procedure helps them to feel more content, giving them the self-confidence to wear the clothes they always wanted to wear. The most amazing consequence of body contouring surgery is that patients feel so comfortable again to start taking good care of themselves and reach a much better lever of fitness by exercising and dieting.
An arm lift surgery, technical name brachioplasty, aims to reshape your arms to help them look more proportionate. It can be carried out on the upper or underarm region. Dr Cotrufo has extended experience in most techniques to reduce arms volume and improve their shape. Dr Cotrufo also combines VASER Liposuction with excision of skin excess to achieve the best arm lift.
Why choose arm lift surgery?
Fluctuations in weight and the effects of ageing can result in excess fat and sagging skin on both the upper and lower arm areas. Brachioplasty reshapes the arm, giving a more regular and toned appearance.
Thigh lift surgery helps to re-shape your thighs, to gain smoother looking skin, and to give them a more proportionate appearance to the contours of your lower body. This procedure is often chosen by patients after massive weight loss and bariatric patients. Thigh lift surgery represents the only solution for patients with excess skin that will not contract on its own. This procedure is also recommended for those patients who had liposuction with residual skin laxity.
Why choose thigh lift surgery?
Growing older and fluctuations in weight are the most common reasons for our thighs and skin appearing droopy and saggy. If you feel self-conscious and lack confidence in the appearance of your thighs, this surgery can help by removing excess skin and fat to give a firmer looking and more toned thigh area.